Saturday, July 24, 2010

Uno

So, I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while now. I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with it, but I'd like to try. I'm being inspired by my friend Bruce, my friend Cortney, and Jen Lancaster (author of "Bitter is the New Black" - a must read!). Who knows what I'll write about or if anyone will read it - especially because I tend to tell everyone everything every day anyway! But maybe it will at least be cathartic.

Tonight I started reading "One year to an Organized Work Life." I bought it back in January, but apparently it's taken me 7 months to finally get to cracking it open. I read through the first 4 weeks tonight and set some goals for myself.


1) I will read 12 books by December 31, 2010.

So far I've read 9 books and am pages away from finishing #10. This is huge for me as I usually only read textbooks - but this summer I expanded my horizons from non-fiction to fiction and from psychology literature to memoirs of real women facing real life. It's really made me feel better about my daily life to know that other women feel the same way.

2) I will lose 5 pounds by December 31, 2010.

Something has got to be done about this. Any tips or tricks?

3) I will keep a cleaner house.

I've already accomplished an objective to make sure there aren't any dirty dishes in the sink before I go to bed. Which reminds me, I should probably go do that... Next, I think I need to work on putting my shoes away when I walk in the door.

4) I will get organized!

I read "Switch" recently and it recommended setting a timer for 5 minutes and going into a room and starting the clean/organize. The trick is that once you start, you'll probably keep going after the 5 minutes is up. I'd like to do this a couple of times a week. I also want to set a priority to organize my desk at work every Friday afternoon so it's nice and fresh for Monday morning.

So there you have it - my new goals for the rest of the year. Maybe if I have to blog about it, I'll have more luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment