Monday, December 6, 2010

A New Leaf

Most of those who I assume read this probably already know that I have accepted a position as Assistant Research Analyst at MU's Center for Health Care Quality (CHCQ). I'll have my own office in the University hospital on campus. I'm very excited about the new opportunity to learn more about process improvement in health care. I'll get to put my MHA to the test and learn a ton about healthcare and decision-making tools. I'm also sad to leave all of the great people at the TC, but I know that my friends that I've made there won't go far and I'll have way more time to hang out with them once school is finished. I really hope to come back some day and put all of my experiences together to improve systems for children with ASD. For now, it's time to challenge myself with a new experience and meet new people. I can't be afraid to try. I worked really hard for this too. I went through 6 hard interviews over 5 weeks, never having gone through what I consider a real interview in my life. My fortune cookie even told me this was coming. "Your leadership talents bring you an incredible opportunity."

If you're interested, here's the link to the organization: http://healthcare.missouri.edu/

1 comment:

  1. Megan.....you will do great at your new job and your new position. I'm very proud of you girl.

    ReplyDelete