Saturday, October 23, 2010

MU Homecoming

Despite being stuck inside all day for class Friday and Saturday, I've had a pretty awesome Homecoming 2010 for my final (maybe :)) semester at MU! I'm really going to miss my classmates after we graduate. I really hope that Bruce comes to Columbia to go to games with his daughter and invites me to his tailgates, that I finally have time to visit my parents in Springfield and to meet Jeff for drinks, that I have lunch with the girls around town, and that everyone else joins together for an annual HMI reunion!!

Here are some highlights from the weekend (though you've probably gathered most of the enjoyment from facebook - if only you could see the conversations on my classmates' posts!!)

Friday a group of us walked to the bookstore to buy our graduation gear - yay!! My friend Cortney is letting me borrow her gown (THANKS CORTNEY!) so I bought my cap, tassel(trying not to lose it this year), and my hood. There were a billion people around.

That night, Anna and I went down the greek town on campus to watch the house decks. I think I've only been there once and didn't pay attention. It was pretty neat! The theme was board games. They put on skits - some were hard to hear, but others were funny. Anna also bought us dip 'n dots ice cream - THANKS ANNA!

Battleship Scrabble
Candyland (with all of the candy turned into black licorice, oh no!)

Saturday was class. ESPN GameDay started on the quad at 8am so I hitched ride to class with Jane so I wouldn't have to park. We all brought in a potluck and went down to catch about 5 minutes of the parade over lunch.



We got out of class at 4:30 and walked to the stadium to try to find the HMI GSA tailgate - couldn't find it :( No sign, and we didn't know who we were looking for. So we walked back and Katherine and I went to Cracker Barrel for yummy chicken & dumplings! I also bought an ornament to commemorate my graduation - a reindeer dressed in a red suit with a portfolio and a cell phone! So cool :0)

And finally, these aren't from Homecoming, but Brad and I are wearing the exact same sweatshirts at the game we went to a few weeks ago and a basketball game we went to circa February 2005!! Hopefully you can guess which is which :)

No comments:

Post a Comment