1) I can keep any clothing item as long as it fits and I have a space for it. No wearable items can go on the top shelf where they will be out of sight and never worn. I tried on 9 pair of pants that I thought didn't fit and they all fit (I was SO happy!) so hello new work-pants!
2) I can't get rid of shoes, even the ones that are dust-covered. So I got rid of one pair that had actually started ripping apart. I realized, though, that out of the
3) Get rid of all belts. I NEVER wear belts.
4) I can keep my purses as long as they're not falling apart and ONLY if I clean them out. I cleaned out four purses and found $10 in change, 15 pens, 10 hair-pins, 8 paper-clips, 2 check-books, my library card (YESSSS), a long-lost iPod cord, nasal spray, eye drops (phew), and my signed SYTYCD tickets from Robert and Kent. I threw one purse away because it was falling apart.
5) Nothing can go back into the closet if it doesn't belong. It doesn't have to go back someplace organized, but it can't stay here. I'll tackle those other places another
6) I ain't touchin' the box that has been on the very top shelf since we moved in, untouched. It's doin' just fine where it is.
Other things I learned: 1) I got WAY too many undies and lingerie for my bachelorette parties, 2) I have enough work-pants to last me 3 weeks without wearing a pair twice, enough capri-pants to last 2 weeks, and enough comfy pants to never be cold, and 3) I have like 6 US Marine shirts that are WAY too small. 4) And lastly, I HATE cleaning/organizing this stuff, but I have a lot more of this house to go. But for now - let's go sew!!
No comments:
Post a Comment