So, I haven't blogged about "real stuff" in a while, so why not now?
1) My parents came up this weekend for my birthday. My dad put knobs on all of my kitchen cabinets and they look fabulous. We were also going to put up a backsplash, bought all the tiles and supplies from Lowes, but then we stopped by Home Depot and found a very similar tile for 1/4 of the price. So we just went right back and returned the tiles, though Home Depot was all out of the other ones, the shipment is on the way. Need to go by there this weekend to see if it's in. It's going to be awesome! Maybe I'll even paint the giant wall in the kitchen soon too!
2) My mom went grocery shopping with me when she was here and schooled me on what to cook. Actually found some very easy, already cooked (but not frozen) meat items and have cooked several times this week! Here was my menu:
Sunday: Ham steaks, applesauce, and biscuits
Monday: Rotisserie chicken, steamed broccoli and carrots
Tuesday: Pork chops, corn on the cob, parmesan noodles
Thursday: Meatloaf, Steamed broccoli and carrots, mashed potatoes
3) I was sick last week with shingles (a recurrence of chickenpox). It was just 4 bumps under my eye partnered with a fever blister on my lips. It's in its final stage now and didn't hurt too bad, but was uncomfortable and itchy.
4) Brad is finally finished with sports season at work!! Just in time to sit at home and watch March Madness. Luckily though, now he can go to the Kick off party for Ella's Hope with me Friday night!
5) Work is going well. I got a few more things to do yesterday, so now it's less boring. I'm getting really fast at analyzing surveys now, know exactly which format I like for the graphs and how to code and calculate and make reports. They're taking good care of me over there and it's exciting to be a part of such a great Center!
6) We re-subscribed to Netflix yesterday. Brad was hesitant, but loves the instant feature. I'm actually exercising now b/c they have a wide variety of videos that I can get instantly through the Wii! It's going to be good :)
7) I've been sewing and quilting a lot. Can't wait to get back in there tonight! I have about 8 projects going right now, but I like the variety.
No comments:
Post a Comment