Friday, April 22, 2011

Week Recap

Brad and I had a great time in St. Louis for the Cardinals games.  As an affiliate radio station, Brad and his co-worker scored tickets for them and their lovely wives to go to St. Louis for 2 free games, free food, unlimited free drinks, and a free night at the Hyatt.  What a wonderful mid-week getaway!  

Brad pointed out I did a poor job taking this photo because the arch is coming out of his head.

And then I pointed out that he cut off the arch in my photo.  

But he redeemed himself by taking our signature self-photo.  Like the field in the background?  It's a reflection :)

Pujols!
My camera has a pretty nice zoom on it!
Last weekend, mom and I went fabric shopping and went to the Round Bobbin Sewing Expo in Springfield.  I bought many a pretty thing at the fabric outlets - Just $3.99-$4.99 a yard!


From the FM Store and Fabric Outlet
 
I got this at the Sewing Expo.  It's a panel and I've always (and by always I mean in the last 3 months I've been sewing) wanted to make a quilted play-mat!
Mom purchased 3 X-blocks stencils and 2 patterns and a 6-pattern book.  If you don't know what an X-block is, you MUST check it out.  Makes all these lovely quilts (like in the picture) by just sewing together some simple squares and then cutting at an angle.  Can't wait to use it!

We scored this beauty at Hobby Lobby.  We got 1.5 yards cut for $7.35 and then found a 2 yard remnant for $7, so we might have buried ours under the other remnants and taken this one instead...


After shopping, we did some sewin'.  Here are some things we're donating for Ella's Hope Walk for Autism later this month for their raffle!

Minky and fleece taggy blanket - so soft!

Another taggy blanket

I'm workin' on this one to raffle off - lots of the kiddos love Thomas!
Mom made this one for the raffle

And last but not least, a congratulations to my mom for being the proud owner of a long-arm (or mid-arm?) quilting machine on May 7th!  She found an awesome deal on craigslist (that woman has tons of luck on that site) - the seller is delivering the machine from Arkansas and helping her set it up and everything.  Can't wait to try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment