- There are 100 tiles in a standard game of Scrabble (in 19 languages, English included).
- After 100 episodes, tv shows are generally considered fantastic candidates for syndication. (have no fear, blogs are not held to the same low standard.)
- Wilt Chamberlain scored a record 100 points in a single NBA game (He played for the Philly Warriors and accomplished this feat of ball-hoggery in March of 1962).
- Most of the world's currencies are divided into 100 subunits.
- In Belgium, you dial 100 to get emergency services.
- There are exactly 100 prime numbers whose digits are in strictly ascending order.
And since this is my 152nd post (I must have missed the 100th, and holy cow I missed my blogiversary too), I thought I'd share some facts about the number 152! (Thanks wikipedia)
- 152 is the sum of four consecutive primes (31 + 37 + 41 + 43). It is a nontotient since there is no integer with 152 coprimes below it.
- State Highway 152, the longest 3-digit state highway in Oklahoma runs from State Highway 152 to Interstate 44
- ”NY152“ is the AOL e-mail account used by Joe in the movie You've Got Mail
- The Alternative band Taking Back Sunday features the number 152 on their CD covers
- Pampers Swaddlers are sold in 152 diapers packs
No comments:
Post a Comment