So, this is what happens when I don't blog for a while. I throw everything I can think of together into one crazy post. Sorry dedicated readers, but this is all I've got:
1) Tonight I made some infinity scarves. I went to Joann's this weekend (BTW, did you know they're moving to the South side of town, next to HyVee? So far away!!) and bought two pieces of some kind of fabric (something silky-like, didn't pay attention :). I got 1/3 yard of each, about 60" wide probably. Sewed them inside out, long sides together, then craftily sewed the ends together. I love them. What do you think? Sorry for the crappy self-portraits with my weird smushed face and horrible shadow....
2) I finished the baby shower gift for Brad's cousin. I made a washcloth, 2 burp cloths, a small minky blankie, a stuffed owl, and an owl card. She really liked it. I got the idea for the card here. Just found out that there's actually a free template on that site. I got the idea from pinterest, but I tend to just look at the pin and forget to go to the website :)
3) I tried two new recipes last week. Grade? Eh. Not bad I guess.
These are just wheat rolls with swiss cheese and ham inside and a wee bit of butter on top. Put in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes. I got the idea here. The sandwiches were good, but I'm not a huge ham fan.
These "BBQ Chicken Cheese & Ranch Roll-up"s were supposed to look like this:
Yeah... they were still good. I wasn't sure whether to heat up the bbq chicken first (I just used pre-made stuff), so I went ahead and I think it made the dough too stretchy. Live and learn. Next time I think I'll just make a pizza.
4) I went to a craft show this weekend. I got lots of ideas, including the idea to make a few of these:
(Photo courtesy of Shelley)
I'm using this pattern. I also have plans to make an owl one :)
5) I've been failing trying to organize my 6 boxes of paper. I did pretty well but still have a bit to go. I made a medical binder and a bills binder, sorted out my school/autism papers, and made a file bin just for important stuff. I wish I didn't have so much paper! What can I say, I'm a little bit of a hoarder (totally watching that show right now).
7) Finally, I had to share this. Babs jumped up on Brad's lap Sunday morning to take a nap. TOO CUTE.
There you have it. There you are.


No comments:
Post a Comment