Thursday, August 2, 2012

When I Was a Kid...

I thought that the lime kiln made clouds.

I got 5 stitches in my tongue when I was in pre-school because a kid pushed me into a chair.

I would hear a lion roar at the end of my bed if I woke up from a nightmare.  I ran and jumped onto my bed a lot to avoid the lion that lived under the bed.

I loved playing with barbies.

I thought that my brother's friend Joe was psychic because he would always guess the number that I told my brother. It wasn't until I was in 7th grade that I learned it was all a trick.  I'm very gullible and still like to believe it's true :)

I was in a French singing group called La Petite Chaunters.  We sang La La Bamba and Allouette.  I'm sure I never knew the real words but sang anyway.

I lost my 2 front teeth because some mean neighbor boys threw walnuts at me and knocked them out.

I bought foam walking lizards and made plastic sand people every year at the Jour de Fete.

My brother and I rode our bikes to the local drug store to buy suckers and candy cigarettes.

I would walk down to the Miss Elaine factory after school and do homework as I waited for my mom to get off work.

I was allowed to stay up late on Thursdays to watch Friends and ER.

I loved swinging on our tree swing connected to our Weeping Willow.

What did you do when you were a kid?

1 comment:

  1. I was allowed to stay up and watch ER too! Looking back on it I was probably a little too young to be watching it when it first came out.

    ReplyDelete