Saturday, November 10, 2012

Ryan: 1 Month

So I'm a little behind, but every month I want to write about Ryan so I can gather these for his baby book for his first birthday!  So, here is what I recall about one month and I'll post again tomorrow!

All about me at one month (October 11, 2012):


My weight:  5 lbs 15 oz

My length:  About 19"

What size I wear:  Preemie

What I like to eat: Breastmilk

What I like to do: Sleep on mommy and daddy, go for stroller and car rides

What I don't like: Being hungry and having my diaper changed!  Baths aren't so great either...

How I sleep:  I sleep for 3-4 hours at a time during the day and sometimes that much at night.  But other times I wake up every hour still hungry!

Sounds I make: Grunts, sighs, cries

Who came to visit: Grandma and Grandpa, Grammy and Papa, Uncle Dustin and Cousin Lexi, Angie, Danny, Carole, Kerry, Jill, Jessica, Chris, Cortney, Alissa, Buzz, Michelle, Karen, Steve, Rebecca, and Sylvia

Who babysat me and where did mommy and daddy go?  Rebecca, Steve, Diane, and Sylvia baby sat so mom and dad could go to Buffalo Wild Wings to hear Tiger Talk

Did I go anywhere?  Just to the doctor's office, the neighbors' house, and walks around the block!

Things I learned to do: Regulate my temperature, eat by mouth

Cool things that happened: I got to come home from the hospital on September 25th.  Lots of people visited me in the hospital, and people were very excited when they finally got to hold me after I came home!  I put on some weight and got big enough to fit in my swing!

What was happening in the world?  I was born on the 11th anniversary of September 11th's World Trade Center incident.  Although that's a terrible thing to happen to our country, my birth gives us something to celebrate on that day.  The Cardinals were in the playoffs during my first month of life.

What else?  I hiccup a lot after I eat and I have a tendency to scratch at my eyes.  I fall right asleep if I go on car rides or stroller rides; but if we hit a stop light I might cry!  I don't usually cry a lot unless I'm really hungry, then cover your ears!  I have navy blue eyes and lots of brown hair.  I'm in the 10th percentile for weight, and the 50th percentiles for length and head circumference.

No comments:

Post a Comment