We've been reading a lot of books to Ryan lately, so I thought I'd share some of Ryan's (okay, who are we kidding.... My and Brad's) favorite books!
Review: Wonderful take on what it would be like to realize that you were in a book and being read.
Review: Adorable rhyming book (I love rhyming books) about being nice and helping out others who are maybe not so nice.
Review: Another rhymer with lots of fun sound-effects
Review: Way better than "I love you through and through". I bought it because of the title, and it's about a mother's endearing love, even if her child was a stinky skunk. "But Mama, But Mama, what if I were a super smelly skunk and I smelled so bad that my name was Stinky Face?"
Review: We just got this one from Grammy T, and it is an adorable twist on a counting book.
Review: I don't really get the whole Pete the Cat craze, but Brad loves his hippy-no-big-deal attitude. Except when it comes to the one about playing baseball :)
Review: Get every book by Mo Willems. Now. I'm trying to pace myself, but the pigeon series is genius. The illustrations of the pigeon remind me of Wall-E, and the book encourages audience participation.
Review: Another hit with Brad. Amazing illustrations and wonderful good-night story.
Review: My favorite Boynton book ever. "What's wrong Little Pookie? Did a very large hippo try to borrow your shoes?" Precious.
What are some of your favorite children's books? Mine growing up was "Busy Day". They took pictures of real kittens dressed up playing and doing chores. Best book-fair purchase ever.










No comments:
Post a Comment