I've been pretty down and out lately about some things, namely my job. It really stresses me out and can make me quite upset. But I try to remember that things happen for a reason and that every opportunity is a learning opportunity. Today I thought about 2 people who inspire me and make me realize that my troubles are small.
One is the strongest man I know - my brother, Justin. He's a Senior Drill Instructor in the Marine Corps. He's frickin' awesome and I don't know HOW he does what he does. He works his butt off, literally. See how skinny he is? When I'm complaining, I need to try harder to think of him and what he goes through day-in and day-out and how I need to toughen up!!
Aside from being one of the few and the proud, he's also a total goofball... and I miss him tremendously. He's in SC right now and moving to BFE Japan next year :(
The second person I thought of today was Alexis. She's my cousin's first little girl. Working at the hospital I hear about patients, and today I heard about someone who was in a similar accident at Alexis and I had to hold back the tears. I just did a search online and found a Guest Book that my Aunt Dorothy has primarily been up-keeping. She writes her once a month. Lexi would be 14 now! She inspires us all and we never forget to be thankful for what we have. She is such an awesome big sister.
Alexis Louise Merklin
May 22,1997-March 26, 2006



Okay so you have both me and Justin tearing up.....crying....over here. He wants me to tell you that he loves you too!!! Thanks for reminding me as well what a good guy he is. :)
ReplyDelete