Mom and I participated in the Route 65 Shop Hop, which involved driving from Springfield to Branson, Harrisonville Arkansas, Ozark, and back to Springfield to visit 6 shops. It cost $5 each and we got a free apron block at each stop and entered to win either a $100 or $50 gift card to the Springfield shop (we find out Monday, fingers crossed!)
It rained the ENTIRE TIME. From 8am to 5pm. And today when I drove home I think I got about 10 minutes to rest the windshield wipers. I'll be okay if it doesn't rain again for 6 months...
Any way, we had a blast and actually went to 9 shops in total. We stopped by the "Rag Barn" which I personally thought was awesome - it was a bargain! It was like the Tuesday Morning of fabric shops, and I got this material to make curtains for my sewing room!
I also got these panels and some fabric for the backing:
And these awesomely bright fat quarters:
And these random fat quarters:
And lots of oranges:
And some pretty floral pieces:
And if that wasn't enough, I actually did some sewing on Sunday. I finished the I Spy which is one of my gifts to give for Christmas:
I made these burp cloths and wash rag for a baby due this year:
And I quilted the butterfly quilt (another Christmas gift):
I am exhausted and broke!










I had a great time, too. Can't wait to see some of that fabric made into something special
ReplyDelete