Sunday, October 2, 2011

Around the House

Time for yet another "random pictures from the weekend" post!

Some of the pictures are still on my ghetto phone, so I'll just have to tell you about Friday.  I took off work early (have I mentioned I only have 1 Thursday and 1 Friday left??) and went to Moberly to go to the homecoming game and alumni party with the Brad.  He called the game and I got to sit in the press box with him.  Fancy!  :)  It was fun, and I lasted an entire half before breakin' out the ipod touch to play Sudoku... He admitted it was a long game.

Saturday I went to my not-for-much-longer co-worker's yard sale to meet his wife who I hear is very crafty. We talked for quite a bit and may do some craft shows together.  Super excited to meet someone else in town who is crafty!  I even bought one of her paintings for my kitchen, I love it!:


I've been using my two scentsy thingies like crazy this weekend:


  

Then my momma came up and we did some cleaning and home improvement.  Result?  New faux wooden blinds (about time, Babs totally destroyed the cheap old ones and it looked SO ghetto from inside and out) in the sewing room, a curtain rod, awesome custom curtains, and a curtain rail to hang quilts and such!

  

PLUS, got a replacement scarecrow pretty to replace the ones I bought last year that Babs decapitated in like 2 hours:


We went to the store today and bought lots of yummies for me to cook for dinner this week, including this awesomely easy beef stew:


2 lb chuck roast, 1 cup water, carrots, potatoes, low for 8 hours.  Yum.

And finally, I worked on making these 4-patch squares for another Christmas I Spy quilt:

  

Just needs one more blue square.  

And in case you were wondering what last weekend looked like:


(future) Quilt for Grandma Dora




Pretty flower



(future) Tree skirt

What have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment