- He
likesloves trains. He has a giant model railroad in his basement. My brother also shares his love of trains. His grandsons call him "Papa Choo Choo." - He has an eye for color. If you need help decorating, remodeling a room, or choosing fabric for a quilt, he's your man.
- He's an amazing photographer. He used to have his own photography business. This is why I never shy away from a camera. Both me and my oldest brother also share this hobby, though Jake is way better than me.
- He's a whiz of a handyman. He can paint anything and knows how to fix anything it seems - just in my house, he's installed new light fixtures, installed cabinet knobs, tried to fix my dishwasher, hung up pictures and shelves, and even crafted a custom closet. He has passed some of this on to me - at least knowing how to use a screwdriver... He also passed on wood-working to my brother Justin.
- He loves all kinds of music. He took me to my first concert - Manhattan Transfer. I will always love big band music and 50's "oldies" because of him.
- He can play the piano (and banjo and guitar). By memory. By chords. I don't know how he does it. I can only play piano by sight reading. My brother Jake also is really good at piano.
- He's a master at computers, building websites, and making Access databases. My brother Justin inherited the computer thing - I think they've both built them from scratch.
- He likes to cook and is a good one - if you like all those spices and veggies. Not sure any of us inherited that one...
- He's pretty punny. I think he makes a pun or a joke at least once an hour, even if no one hears him.
- He never stops learning. He's always reading something or going back to school. No wonder I'm a school-aholic. He has 3 really smart and high-achieving kiddos.
- He's a pretty smart pharmacist. I don't know how he keeps all those incredibly lengthy and complicated words in his head. But if I'm ever sick, he's the first person I call.
- He likes business and customer service. He passed this on to both me and my eldest brother.
- He likes to travel - he's been to Alaska, the Carribean, the Mexican coast, Vegas, San Antonio. When we were little we took vacations all the time - Chicago, Disney World, Dallas, Wisconsin Dells, Arizona/Colorado.
- He's a pretty cool dad and has passed on a lot of qualities and knowledge to me and my brothers. Now that I'm going to have a baby I hope I can keep some of the lineage going. Rest assured, I have already bought any onesie I could find with trains on it.
So happy 60th birthday Pops! Hope to have you around for at least another 40 :D

No comments:
Post a Comment