Welp, here it is. The biggest, bestest blog post ever. And the reason behind my lack of writing lately.
There's a baby growing my belly!
This has made me fairly exhausted, and since we've been hiding it from everyone except our immediate family until now, I've been waiting to blog. But mostly the exhausted part. Very little sewing being done or really much of anything but eating and sleeping!
We found out on the evening of Wednesday, February 22nd. I was going to wait to take a test until that Sunday morning, but said what the heck. Brad was home and about to get on the elliptical. I told him I was going to go take a test. Lo and behold, 3 short minutes later I was running into the other room, hyperventilating, and yelling "Brad! Oh my god!" We both sat on the bed for a while saying "I can't believe it says that. Oh sh*t. Does it really say that??" It was a good thing, we'd been waiting for it to say that for a good 22 months. But when you finally see it, it's a crazy feeling, that's for sure.
We let our parents know a few short days later and then told our brothers and each a best friend a week later after our first ultrasound. Our due date is predicted for October 25th.
Since we've found out, I've been healthy other than a cold and some allergies. No morning sickness (YAY!) but some tummy aches and back pains here and there. Last Thursday we heard the heart beat - a fast (and possibly girly) 175. Friday we told everyone at work (of course everyone at my work already knew - because they're women and can smell these things), and started making some calls and Saturday is was time to tell Brad's aunts. He had his 3 year-old niece tell everyone "Megan's having a baby!" It was really cute and everyone was super happy. And we had his cousin take some super cute photos which hopefully we'll share very soon.
So there you have it. A baby. Finally. We're very happy (and tired) and can't wait to find out whether it's a boy or a girl. We'll find out at the end of May or early June.
So hopefully now that I'm nearing my 2nd trimester (I'm 11.5 weeks right now), I'll be blogging more about what's going on, what I've purchased, and how the nursery (formally sewing room :( ) is turning out.
YAY MEGAN! This IS the biggest bestest blog post ever!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you finally posted it!!! I'm so happy for y'all:)
ReplyDeleteI can't help but tear up over this even now. I'm so happy for you girl! I can't wait to hopefully find out you are having a GIRL. I mean a boy would be great too. :) I just want to buy GIRLY stuff. :) Love you!!!!
ReplyDelete