With so many people getting married and having babies this year (myself included), there has been a lot of quilting going on - and a lot of help from my mother. I haven't been too motivated to get to the sewing machine or had much time to travel down to Springfield to use the long-arm quilter. But thankfully my mom helped piece some of these and quilt them for me. I also went down over Memorial Day weekend and we sewed and quilted 2 straight days. Here's what was accomplished:
This quilt was for my friend Cortney's wedding in May. I pieced the top on my own one Saturday and then gave it to my mom to make the backing and quilt. It's based off of a pattern called the Big Block Quilt, but I had to figure out all the measurements myself and took out the sashing that was between each block (I hate sashing). It's French Riviera fabric - isn't it beautiful?
My friend Jamie at work is having (had??) a baby girl - she may actually be in labor right now or even had it by now - haven't heard!! I bought the Domestic Bliss Moda charm pack and matching fabric and asked my mom to put this one together. She did a great job!
This one is just a piece of fabric I bought at Joann's that I quilted with a piece of brown flannel. I did that one on my own at home and mom was kind enough to put the binding on it for me over the weekend. These are the colors of the baby's room just in case you were wondering :)
This one should look familiar. I had the top finished for a while but quilted it on the long-arm over the weekend. It has a leaf pattern in each of the big blocks and stippling around the animals. Of course mom did the binding again :)
This one was a surprise from mom. It's a "Hooty Hoot" fabric panel - love it!
If that wasn't all, we also bought the fabric for, pieced, quilted, and put binding on a quilt for someone else who is getting married at the end of the month. That one will be revealed after she receives it :)
We also made 4 washcloths, 4 receiving blankets, and these 2 beautiful nursing covers:







No comments:
Post a Comment