Friday, July 6, 2012

A Quilt and a Shower

Last weekend was Brad's cousin's wedding, so that means I finally get to reveal my latest quilt!  (of course my mom put in quite a bit of time on it too :)



Today was our first baby shower for Ryan (not including the reveal).  Brad's co-workers hosted it in Moberly and we got some nice things.  A few cute outfits, of course very sports related, some sheets, little socks, books, and more!  I'm pretty sure it was Brad's first baby shower experience.  He had no idea what some of the stuff was for.  Luckily we've started our childbirth classes so we're both learning a lot together.  Last night we learned about the stages of labor and the faces I'm likely to make during them... I imagine it'll go something like this:

:-)      :-|        :'-(       :'-O

I don't think I look too pregnant from the front, but don't let it deceive you!  I'm 5 1/2 months along now.  Doctor's appointment was good yesterday, heart rate at 142 or so.  Also found out that my Doctor is pregnant and due around the same time as me... that should be interesting.  Oh, and she said that Ryan will be born during whooping cough season, and since whooping cough is on the rise (don't get me started on this), me, Brad, and everyone else who wants to come into close contact with our little one should probably go get vaccinated since he won't be able to until he's older.  Surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment