Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day and Independence Quilt

My weekend was quite productive.  I went home to Springfield for Father's Day.  Since my brother accidently stole my gift for a father's day gift (and my dad actually thanked me for it!), I went with a good ole Lowe's gift card so he could get a new drill.  We also went out to dinner at Flame for some amazing steak, and then walked down to Mio Gelato where I had some amazing tiramisu gelato.

I was also able to spend some much-needed time with my mom's long-arm quilting machine.  I was able to quilt TWO quilts while I was down there!  Mom put on the borders and made the backing for my Independence Quilt and I put on the binding tonight.  So glad to have another one done!  Oh, and this one I am actually keeping!!


The back

Close-up of the meandering and star quilting free-hand quilting

Stay tuned for pictures of the second quilt when I finish the binding - maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment