Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Our Story

And... cue music.

I was all by my lonesome in the dorm the first year of college and a girl down the hall, Miranda, invited me to watch TV with her and her friends.  "Sure" I said.  She showed me a picture of her friend Chris in his football uniform and wanted to introduce me to him.  "Okay" I said.

A week later Chris and Brad showed up at my dorm room.  Brad looked awfully familiar - he was in two of my classes.  We had this awful Warm Little Pond honors science class (not kidding one bit, it was seriously called the Warm Little Pond, but should have been called the Firey Pond of Hell).  Earlier that day we had been to the middle of some woodsy place in town looking at bugs and saw two orange bugs mating.  I had a board on my wall and Brad wrote "Wham, bam, thank you ma'am" - the catch phrase from the day.

During that week, I called Brad (sorry Chris!), guilted him in to playing wiffle ball, stalked him up the aisle at the football game, and played Nintendo with him in his dorm room.  Later in the week, I called him to come over and watch American Beauty and John Mayer on the Tonight Show.  We held hands, we kissed, we fell in love.  I'd never before been weak in the knees.

We made it through 4 years of college, lived together in a tiny apartment for 2 years, and now have been married for 3 years in our wonderful home.

I love it when he kisses my forehead, when he tells me his love for me is like the ocean, when he watches So You Think You Can Dance with me and takes me to Joshua Radin concerts, when he plays with my hair and scratches my back.

It's been an amazing 8 years and 3 years of marriage and I don't know what I'd do without him.

Year Zero

Year 1


Year 2

Year 3

And with that, here's our wedding song:

1 comment:

  1. Cute story! I remember freshman year and when you met Brad; although, I had forgotten all about Miranda and Chris. Now that you mention them, though, I remember! Crazy how long ago freshman year was!!! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete