Wednesday, July 20, 2011

5 Random Memories from my Childhood

I'm in a reminiscent mood and a bloggy mood, so here's what you get: random memories from my childhood:

1) I used to play fireman with my brother Justin in our basement.  We sat on the weight bench and made siren noises.  And I'm pretty sure we put red lipstick on my dolls and hid them in the rafters... and that just might be where Raggedy Ann and Andy ended up.

2) I grew up in a small town and one time my brother Jake dropped me off at my piano teacher's house and left.  Well, I rang the door bell but the piano teacher wasn't home.  So I yelled "help!" over and over and no one came.  I walked to the store nearby and found my brother or someone.  Thus began the rule to never ever drive off when dropping someone off until they're safely inside... or start their car :)

3) I took gymnastics in Kindergarten and they told my mom I only come alive when the music is on.  So my mom put me in dance and I took lessons until 6th grade.  I learned ballet, tap, and jazz.  I also cheered and danced in middle and high school.

4) My dad was/is a professional photographer so I have tons of experience "modeling" in my own home, learning how to stand and position my head.  Along with that came really cool stuff in our backyard like a trellis, a bridge, a fence, a gazebo, and an amazing weeping willow tree with a swing.

5) In the town I grew up in, there's a street craft fair every August.  I went every year and made those silly sand glass creatures and bought those walking foam lizards on a wire.



What are 5 random memories from your childhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment