Sunday, July 31, 2011

New Rooms!

I did it!  I successfully moved the furniture (with Brad's help), cleaned up all the mess, and have two beautiful, spacious, functional rooms!  I have just a few more pieces of fabric to find homes for in the new sewing room.  I also need to think about painting the new sewing room and hanging up some quilts or something else on the bare walls.  There's a quilt in progress for the guest bed to match the paint in that room and I'm going to purchase a tiny table to go next to the bed and sell the filing cabinet.

Of course I don't have before pictures, so just image tons of crap and everything you see in the opposite room (minus some shelves and the armoire)!

GUEST BEDROOM


The shelves used to hold fabric and so did the entire dresser.  Now the dresser is filled with office supplies, things for the computers and printer, and some knick knacks.

SEWING ROOM


The armoire now stores fabric scraps, finished quilts and tops, and works in progress (yes, there are 6 works in progress and 3 finished quilt tops...).  The bottom drawers contain fat quarters and batting.

So clean!  The desk no longer has school supplies in it, but instead has a filing cabinet with room for patterns and my machine manual, a drawer full of notions, and an empty cabinet, perhaps to store my machine if needed.  The black drawers contain other coordinating fabric or planned projects.

These shelves contain most of my fabric, color-coordinated of course :)  On top is flannel and fleece.  On the short shelves I have solids and polka-dots.  There is a bin for baby stuff (bibs and burp cloths), one for taggy blanket materials, and 2 bins for notions and interfacing.


1 comment:

  1. I love it all!!! Looks great. Wish I had an extra room for sewing and crafts. :) Looks good sis.

    ReplyDelete