- My butt hurts. The top of my butt. By that sciatic nerve thing. I didn't think I was going to make it through Wal-mart this evening because it was cramping so badly!!
- People who have been pregnant before keep asking me what I "feel" like the baby is... boy or girl. Honestly, I have no freaking clue. Half the time I'm convinced a boy because it feels like the odds of us having a boy in our family are 15:2. The other half I think it's a girl because I'd really like a girl to help even up this awful ratio! Having no idea and finding all of the old wives' tales split 50/50 also makes me fear that my baby is going to be transgender or something. Awesome.
- I had pinned all this amazing pregnancy fun stuff on pinterest thinking if I ever got pregnant I would take all these pictures and make an awesome book. Well, I'm 17 weeks now and don't think I've taken one real belly pic with a real camera. I'm a little sad at this, but truth be told, I'm tired and lazy being pregnant. And Brad's not the best photographer.... so if anyone wants to volunteer to force me to do my hair, put on make up, and take a REAL belly picture before it goes away, feel free to give me a call :) Oooh... I'm going home over Memorial Day weekend... better call in an ole favor from the Pops!
- I've been pretty calm during this whole pregnancy thing. Which surprises the hell out of me. I'm not anxious about it right now, but the thought of labor and actually taking care of a human being is a bit overwhelming. My main priority right now is to find a place for Riley to sleep and get his/her diaper changed, and play, and all that good stuff. I must get rid of things! I think I'm doing quite well once I have that yardsale - I have a good 10 tubs at least ready to be sold or donated.
- I'm nervous about both Brad and I working full-time after my maternity leave. So is he. Life is going to completely change. I have a hard enough time cleaning the house as it is. Can I register for Merri-maids? Seriously, how do I add that to Amazon?? And what will I do when he has those long road trips and is gone all Saturday or on a weeknight until midnight? Not looking forward to those.
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Random Thoughts from a Pregnant Woman
So here are some of my most dominant thoughts on this whole pregnancy thing:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment