Things to come:
1) I try not to talk about work on here, but just one thing coming up: No supervisor at work other than the top director. (We're out 2 levels of supervisors... this shall make things interesting/confusing)
2) Class to start. One has already started and I already feel behind... guess I need to read this weekend so I can stay on top of it. I'm guessing the others won't start until Sept 17th.
3) Trying to publish my literature review from last summer on health disparities for children with autism. I have someone working on this with me, but it's still turned out to be a lot of work to edit it for publication. Need to get this done!!
4) Have to finish up my research project. Surveys still be collected, then it's data collection and writing the results and discussion.
5) Parents are coming up next weekend to help me clean and organize the house and hopefully hang my bedroom wall-hanging (Brad and I tried... and failed); also to celebrate my mom's birthday!
6) Starting a 12-week Biggest Loser competition with work folks on September 1. I'm trying to get a head-start and our Happiness Project club decided to do our exercising objectives first. Here are my September goals:
- Go to Ballet every Monday.
- Try Zumba (scheduled for 8/31!) - scheduled on the calendar for every Tuesday
- If Cheryl gets it up and running, do Kickboxing at work every Thursday
- Lift weights for 10 minutes every day.
- Walk for 20 min/elliptical 10 min - at least 3 times/week
- Lose 3 pounds in September
I'm also working on limiting coffee drinks and soda; and bringing my lunch. I brought my lunch 5 days this week and only had 3 sodas (2 were today - I went overboard with caffeine today due to my 11.5 hour work day). I also went for 3 walks, lifted weights twice, and did a few minutes of yoga most days.
7) Fall TV is about to start. I believe we have 6.5 hours of viewing pleasure each week scheduled + my non-regular shows that I catch repeats of (like Project Runway):
- Daily Show
- Colbert Report
- MadMen
- House
- Grey's Anatomy
- The Office
- Community
- Chuck
- Parks and Rec
I'm just happy So You Think You Can Dance isn't doing a Fall Season again! It was too much last year.
Hopefully there's nothing I've forgotten. Hopefully tomorrow I'll lay off the Mario Kart and get to doing some homework!
No comments:
Post a Comment