Sunday, August 8, 2010

Vegas Vacation

Brad and I just returned from our 3-day vacation in Vegas to see my oldest brother, Jake get married. Here's a recap!

We arrived with my parents on Thursday afternoon around 2:00. However, the computers were down in the hotel, so we had to wait until 4:00 to check-in. Well at 3:30 I went to the lobby and the line was at least 1,000 guests deep. Awesome. So I stood in line until my parents and Brad joined me and then mom and I went to another hotel to pick up Jill's dress. We finally got to our rooms and got our bags just in time to eat dinner at Battista's Hole-in-the-wall (actual name) to celebrate my parents' 37th wedding anniversary:





Thursday night, Mom and Dad went to see the Blue Man Group (jealous :) and Brad and I walked across to the Bellagio to watch the fountains, twice! They're amazing and beautiful.



Friday, Brad and I woke up early and walked.... a lot. We walked from the Flamingo to Mandalay Bay and back to the MGM Grand.... and then took the monorail back to the Flamingo. Here are some of the sights!

Paris
Lion habitat at the MGM Grand
Luxor
NY, NY

After relaxing, gambling, and hanging out at the pool, Brad and I joined other wedding guests at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville for dinner. Jake and Jill made me the Flower Girl and Brad the Ring Bearer. There were sashes and buttons and star-shaped sunglasses :) After that, we went to the Imperial Palace next door to sing some Kareoke. Even Brad and I sang! Brad sang "Papa Loved Mama" by Garth Brooks, and I sang "Stay" by Lisa Loeb.





Saturday morning, Brad and I ate at the famous Hash House A Go Go (famous for their Chicken & Waffles on the Food Network). The food was awesome, large, and beautiful! Brad had the Biscuits & Gravy and I had The Classic. We also thought the "O'Hare of the dog - 24 oz Budweiser (in a bag) with a side of bacon" was pretty funny.


After it looked like we barely made a dent in our plates, Brad and I walked even more - this time to the North of the strip - We walked through the Venetian, past the Mirage, all through the Forum Shoppes (which thank goodness were closed!), through Caesar's Palace, and back to the Bellagio to see the Conservatory.

Forum Shoppes
The Mirage
The Venetian

The Bellagio Conservatory - Fresh flowers!

We were back at the hotel by 9:30am on Saturday, so Brad joined a poker tournament while I took a much-needed nap. He finished one away from winning $$. Bummer!! After my nap, we all attempted to go to Hash House for lunch but it was super busy, so it was back to Margaritaville. Then, Brad and I did more gambling and got ready for the wedding. The ceremony was at the Little Church of the West (and it's name suited it!)


After the ceremony, it was on to Texas de Brazil, a Brazilian Steakhouse. Yummmmm-eee! A wonderful appetizer buffet followed by endless choice of meat. And then followed by a banana-pie for dessert! It was very classy and delicious.


After dinner, we waited for the limo. Brad said "Don't you hate it when you finish eating at the Brazilian Steakhouse in Las Vegas, and your limo is late?" High class! The limo took us all to the Bellagio where we took pictures of the Bride & Groom on the terrace in front of the fountains and the Eiffel Tower (the small one, in Las Vegas). My dad's camera was acting goofy, so I snapped some shots with my brother's camera.

All-in-all it was a great trip, though exhausting! Here's what I learned for those of you planning a trip to LV:

1) Always pack a pair of back-up shoes for when you can't stand in your heels any longer.
2) Buildings are LARGE, meaning that just because you can see it, doesn't mean it's realistically within walking distance.
3) You can't take pictures in the casinos. Whoops.
4) Eat at Hash House a Go Go.
5) Karaoke at the Imperial Palace is a free (one-drink minimum), a good time; and no one cares if you suck.
6) Weddings in Vegas are super fun.
7) Watch the fountains at Bellagio more than once - they do more than one choreographed number and they're awesome.

Congrats Jake & Jill! Who's next??


1 comment:

  1. AHH.....wish me and Justin could've been there as well. Glad you had a good time. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete