Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Challenges

My mom and I are almost finished with Quilt Challenge #1: 12 Block Swap.  I think we'll be able to reveal and swap our blocks a month early when I go home this weekend (I just have to check out more of the fabric... and hopefully pick up my new sewing machine!!)

So what will the other challenges be?  Here's a few options.  Any other suggestions?

1) 12-Block Swap.  We each make 6 blocks in the same 2 sets of fabrics and then swap so we have the same 12 blocks in our own fabric scheme. (in progress)
2) Choose some fabric and divide it in half.  We both have to make a quilt using the same exact fabrics.
3) Each of us chooses a quilt pattern that the other person has to make.
4) Going dotty - we each make a quilt using only polka-dot fabrics (though mom & I already made one of those :) )
5) I think we should do a class 9-patch swap.

We could really do an infinite number of challenges... I can't wait to get my new machine (birthday present from my lovely parents!) so I can sew smoothly and actually QUILT!  Too bad the machine won't help me cut more exactly, sew the pieces right sides together, or sew the correct pieces together!

No comments:

Post a Comment