Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Quilters' Challenge #1: 12 Block Swap

After going crazy looking at all of the fabric my mom recently purchased, I decided we needed some "challenges" in order to take advantage of the stash.

Challenge #1 is a 12-block swap.  My mom and I each went into the bins and chose 5 coordinating fabrics.  Each of us will make 6 blocks from our fabric and the same 6 blocks with the other's fabrics.  In mid-March we will exchange so we'll each have the same 12 blocks in our own fabric!  And, to tie it all together, we both have the same gold fabric to share.  It was awesome to say "hey, let's make a quilt" and just walk in the guest room and pick out anything we wanted!

My fabrics

Mom's fabrics
I just made my first block (first 12x12" block ever) and I love it!  It's a lot of work cutting and sewing but I think it's just awesome :)  I won't post pictures until mid-March so they're a surprise :)

Now - back to sewing and watching the blizzard!  It's getting awfully windy... I can barely see the house across the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment