Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ella's Hope Walk

I think I'll take a break from de-cluttering to blog about my 11-hour straight outdoor adventure yesterday.  That may be the longest I've ever been outside in one day... ever!

April 30 - Part I

First up was Ella's Hope Mid-MO Walk for Autism.  I got there around 9:00 am to help out.  The walk was a huge success, raising over $11,000.  I think over 100 people were there, the weather was great (despite a few gusts of wind), and the bounce house was a success (despite a pesky park ranger that almost made it a no-go).

I had a great team, but had a hard time walking with everyone because we were spread out.  Mom and Dad came up and a huge group from the TC joined my team (including the guy that put up all the shelves in the big classroom and put together the furniture!).  So I started toward the back and worked my way up and ended up walking with several teams!  It was great.  I also finally got to reveal the two quilts I had been working on and presented them to their new owners, Ella and Luke!






Ella's Quilt

Back of Ella's Quilt

Luke's Quilt (It's a stripe panel)

I'll be back to write Part II later!

1 comment:

  1. Love the quilts you guys made. And Dad looks AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete