As the whole world knows now, the deadliest tornado in at least 60 years hit Joplin, MO on Sunday. The same storm cell that I thought was going straight for my parents in Springfield. I know one person in Joplin, my former classmate. Luckily she is all right and so is her home. The stories are unreal - the survivors, those still lost, those uncovered, and those who are gone for good. There has been a lot of devastation, but this one just hit literally a little too close to home and there has been nothing but bad whether since Sunday with more bad storms headed this way tonight. The hospital is accepting donations for the food bank, so I during my trip to Wal-mart tonight I tried to match what I spent on my own goods. At one point, when I was trying to decide whether to gatorade or juice or water, I started crying in the middle of the aisle.
It's not nearly enough, but it's probably all I can carry with me tomorrow.
Mom and I hope to find a place that's going to donate quilts. I'll probably go down there in a couple of weekends with some tops and we'll whip some out on her new machine to donate.
No comments:
Post a Comment