I plan to finish it today but need to iron all 441 seams first :)
Here's how it went:
First, cut out 2.5" squares (or be fortunate to have a mom who bought them pre-cut and gave them to you). (Tip: to make a square quilt, use a square root calculator! I took the square root of 500 and found it was around 22 which would make my quilt 44" x 44".)
Then, chain, chain, chain! Sew 2 together, then 4, then 8 until you have the length of your strip. What's awesome about this is you don't have to press any seams until you're ready to sew the strips together!
Next, lay it out and realize that you've made one too many strips. But that's okay, you'll probably use that for the back when your backing just isn't quite wide enough.
Last, watch as your cat tackles your nicely laid out strips.
Here it is! I think I'll add a border or two yet to make it large enough for two people.






No comments:
Post a Comment